Useless Facts Friday! #1
July 22, 2006 3 comments Article Funnies
- For every human being on earth, there are about 200 million insects.
- The harmonica is the world’s most popular instrument.
- By the time they are 65 years old, most Americans have watched more than nine years worth of television.
- The puck in ice hockey can travel at up to 118 mph (190 km/h).
- If you stretched all the nerves in the body from end to end, they would be about 47 miles long.
- Humans have more than 600 muscles in their bodies.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt."
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- The largest cabbage weighed 144 lbs.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- Los Angeles’s full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula" – and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: "L.A."
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
#15 is wrong
omg wtf HACKZ!